Tuesday CCC Updates
– Wow… what a Sunday at Montrose Harbor. Thanks to Ten27 Cycles, all the sponsors, volunteers, USAC officials, spectators, friends, families, dogs, horses with 1/2 a million views, and especially all the racers who made the 12th and final stop of the CCC and Illinois State CX Championships something special… again! Lots of pictures and videos below in Sunday’s post, but please add your links to the comments.
– The CCC series may be finished, but there is still plenty of CX racing to do in and around Chicago:
– Next weekend you have the choice of traveling North to the double Badger CX weekend in WI or South to Miller Chill CX in Bloomington.
– The weekend after that The Afterglow moves to a new venue in Douglas Park here in the city on Saturday.
– Not racing per se, but on that Sunday the CCC hosts its annual End of the Season Awards Party at EJ’s Place in Skokie at 12/16 at noon. Please pre-purchase your tickets here. The coveted CCC series winner cowbells will be awarded to the overall winners, we’ll have a bunch of door prizes, and of course the world famous Lost & Found grab.
– Then a break for Christmas… then a break for New Year’s Eve. Then racing picks back up in earnest with the CCC’s New Years Resolution weekend back out at the Hilton Indian Lakes Resort. See the NYR page for more details including reserving your room at ILR at a discounted race. The CCC also still needs volunteers to make the race happen. Help out and race for really cheap (read: free).
– The following week USA Cycling’s CX National Championships take place just up the road in Verona, WI. Remember entry fees increase on 12/11. Even if you don’t race Nationals is a great event to see in person and cheer (and heckle of course) your friends and others from around the country.
– If all that racing isn’t enough for you, head to Louisville, KY for Masters World Championships and World Championships on 2/2/13 – 2/3/13. After that… well, you’ll just have to wait until next season!
– If you need Christmas presents we still have CCC merchandise available. Head on over to our merch page for all the goods.
– USAC recently changed their upgrading policy. At this time it is unclear how this may affect the 2013 CCC season… stay tuned.
– One rider who has already upgraded is youngster David Lombardo of team Verdigris-Village CX who is going to Euro Cross Camp over the Christmas holiday. Donations are still being excepted here to help defray the cost of the trip.
– And finally… how soon until we see this in a CX race?