CCC Tuesday Updates – 20180731
July 31, 2018
- A few updates to get you going now that road season is over.
- One larger change we’re making this year is something we’ve been thinking about for a while and also following a trend we’ve seen around the country in cyclo-cross and road events. This year the series will not have cash payouts for any categories except for both men and women Cat 1/2‘s. We’re still working out the final details, but the Men and Women Cat 1/2 fields will pay deeper than last year’s 5 deep (probably 10) and we’ll of course maintain parity. Given that probably half of payouts are never picked up anyway or are donated back to the series’ charities, we’re 99.9% sure no one is financing their kids’ college tuition or their next full suspension gravel bike with CCC payouts. Final details to come but let us know if you have any questions.
- Trek Bicycle in Wicker Park is having a Ladies’ Night Out party on Thursday 8/9/18 from 7:00pm – 9:00pm geared towards women cyclists of any level and discipline. There’ll be food, drinks, giveaways, and speakers during the event. You can find more details on their facebook event page.
- Remember the UPB Juniors CX Clinic on August 19th.
- The Svens are coming, again, this time in a Sven-nado. Saturday, Sept 15th, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm OR Sunday, Sept 16th, 4:30 pm – 7:00 pm (riders may only attend one day). Check out xXx Racing’s site for more details.
- Half Acre is again hosting their CX Eliminator race on Saturday 9/29/18 at Big Marsh. We’ll publish details when we receive them.
- Blackstone Bicycle Works is hiring a Full-time Program Manager. Strong candidates will be people-focused and strategic thinkers. Deadline to apply is August 8th. More information is here or contact Matthew Searle (773.241.6044, email@example.com)
- And finally… our friends at the Rapha Clubhouse Chicago are again hosting our 2018 CCC Kick Off party, on Thursday evening 9/6/2018. We’ll have dranks, maybe some food, a raffle to benefit West Town and Blackstone, and all the normal cheer to help start the season off right on the right foot (or left if you’re a goofy foot like Kevin Powels). We hope you’ll join us for an hour or two in casual street clothes (or dress up if that’s your thing) before we start racing!
I love this. Lets get all those cat 1s and 2s out of the masters and keep the competition high for the 1,2s field.
I can’t wait to get the season rolling! I’m totally in favor of the new payouts – it should shuffle the fields a bit (and I don’t think masters fields should pay anyway but that’s a discussion for another day). See you all in a few short weeks!