CCC Tuesday Updates – 20190813
August 13, 2019
- Fresh updates to start off the week!
- We’re got our events up over on BikeReg. We can’t open reg until the events are officially permitted with USAC, but all that is coming soon. Have a look at and familiarize yourself with the new raceday schedule.
- Some of you have been asking for it for a while, and since the folks over at BikeReg are so awesome, we finally figured out a way to offer a CCC Season Pass where you can reg for the entire season in one transaction. At least for this year we won’t be offering a discount, but you’ll save the equivalent of 1/2 a race on BikeReg service fees, plus the convenience of only having to reg once. Please use this season pass wisely, as switching you from one category to another after you register will cause some headaches. Thanks!
- Speaking of convenience, this season we’re also going to try series long cloth bib numbers, but… for the women categories only (except Single Speed). The total number of unique riders in the women categories make this possible. We still haven’t figured out how to make it work for the large Men, Masters, and Junior fields.
- Look out for details about a pre-season rider forum coming soon. But mark your calendar for 9/5/2019 at 7pm at the Rapha Club House.
- Online pre-reg opened this past week for xXx Racing’s Relay CX race on xXx’s website. PLEASE NOTE that Relay CX will be returning to Jackson Park for 2019, following some Cubs-funded improvements to the baseball facilities at Warren Park in the last year. Pick a partner and save yourself a race-day headache (and $15) and pre-reg now! Already a bunch of teams already taking the early lead for best team names.
- And finally… This weekend is the UPB CX Camp for Juniors. Join the UPB team and international cyclo-cross superstar Maria Larkin for a fun filled day of learning skills and putting them to use in hot laps. Make sure to register ahead of time here on BikeReg.
For the cloth numbers for large fields could you add zeroes before the digit to gain more unique numbers? They could have 1,2,3 etc. and 01, 02, 03 etc. and 001, 002, 003 etc. I understand this could be somewhat confusing, though an alternative could be colored bands like the ones used to delineate category at TOAD or Intelli cup.
For those heading down to the CX relay. Southbound LSD is closed from Sheridan to Monroe between 5am and 12pm on Sunday the 25th.