2022 ABD Sunrise Park Preview
October 20, 2022
- Athletes By Design (ABD) host stop number three of the 2022 CCC at Sunrise Park in Barlett, IL.
- Preliminary staging will be posted here on Saturday morning. Let us know if you spot any errors. Thanks!
- If you have recently upgraded and want 1/2 your CCC series points to follow you to the next category, please contact us at ChicagoCrossCup at gmail by Saturday. We will NOT automatically transfer your points. See the rules/FAQ page here.
- Parking on Foster Ave is allowed but on NORTH side only. There should be “No Parking” signs along the park (south) side. If not, please respect this. Also Parking is allowed on Struckman Blvd (better option), or at Sycamore Trails School (preferred).
- PLEASE no parking on grass.
- Mexican food truck will be on site.
- Teams can drop tents by using the bike path off Struckman Blvd. Enter the park but then you must park outside the park. Please, thanks!
- No alcohol. Sorry Park rules.
- Single Speed Women will start AFTER the Single Speed Men.
- And finally… we all like to have a good time on these Sundays in Autumn, but remember the CCC is a series of bicycle races, and it is not a collection of drinking contests or B Movie frat parties. Our USAC officials don’t roam around the venue trying to be the fun police, so please don’t ride across the finish line with an always recording video camera with a red solo cup in your hand giving them any reasons to suspend your license to race. K, thanks, see you all on Sunday!
Struckman was having No Parking signs put up on the north side up to Independence.
Yup. While I was there this afternoon they threw no parking signs on the north side of Struckman. FYI. Great course. Can’t wait to see everyone and here’s to everyone having their best race ever tomorrow.
Great time today; loved the revisions to the course! Thanks to all involved.
Here is my video of the Men’s cat 4.
It’s still uploading to YouTube as I post this…
Certainly. All above told the truth. Let’s discuss this question. Here or in PM.
Some amateur pics of the races through Men 3/4. Mostly I shoot for EMC2 but I tried to get more teams at Sunrise. This album also has some Schiller Park pics.
What an incredible day out at Sunrise Park. Thanks to ABD for the great course and the perfect weather! Photos from Sunrise Park are in the link below. Albums organized by race and most I likely caught you a few times unless you were hiding behind someone. Sorry to the 35+/55+ Masters, it’s tough to race and take photos at the same time. Download option available which will remove the watermark on the image.
See you all next weekend in Campton.
These are awesome! Thank you.
Those photos are fantastic! Thanks for shooting and sharing
Lap 1 of the Cat 1/2/3 race:https://youtu.be/CbjDVPB50aw
Great course re-design!
Men’s CAT5 racing at it’s amateur-est: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UtCt0etYrM&ab_channel=markreisberg
Is the Tuesday update dead?
Men’s Single Speed